Nesting Tips New Moms Love
During your pregnancy, especially if it’s your first one, you might start to notice things you never noticed before in your home environment. A new level of dissatisfaction could emerge as your maternal instincts take over your senses. No need to fret, however. It is common for women to start looking critically at their surroundings as baby’s due date gets closer. Below are five nesting tips new moms use as a way channel their maternity urges. We encourage you to use these tips as a starting point to create a healthy home environment for your family.
Before we begin, please be assured there is good reason for your instinct to nest. Despite teases and taunts from your friends and family, mom nesting is no laughing matter. Why wouldn’t you want your home to feel like heaven on earth?
5 Nesting Tips New Moms Can Use To Create a Healthy Home
- Create an allergen free home – Many materials around the home trigger allergens like mold and mites to bloom up in your home. You will also see a lot of allergen triggering materials around your home. If you want to create a healthier home for mom and baby, you should get rid of such materials. Otherwise, your loved ones will have to experience allergies in the long run. It is always better to replace chemical products in your home with natural ones because they don’t have the potential to trigger allergies.
- Create a Plan to Keep Your Home Spic and Span – Even though mom and baby would spend most of the time indoors, you need to focus on the exterior cleanliness as well. In fact, you need to take necessary measures to keep the garden clean at every single time. It will only take about 10 minutes for you to clean your garden, but it can deliver amazing benefits to you in the long run.
- Look out for toxic ingredients – Toxic ingredients can bring a variety of health issues to mothers and babies. Therefore, it is extremely important to have a look around the home and figure out all the toxic ingredients. Toxic ingredients can be found in most of the commercial products that you use in day to day life. Cleaning and laundry products are perfect examples to prove the above-mentioned fact. Therefore, you should carefully go through the list of ingredients before you purchase any product from the market. If the list of ingredients contains toxic ingredients such as Phthalates, Triclosan, Ammonia, 2-Butoxyethanol and Sodium Hydroxide, you should avoid purchasing and seek out more natural alternatives.
- Bring in Some House Plants – Have some fun and take a trip to your local plant nursery. Create a green and healthy home with house plants! House plants not only beautify your space, they give are known to boost make residents happier and healthier. Not only that, they help deter illness, clean the air and help you work better. Search Google for “best indoor houseplants to clean air” to find out what plants are best to provide your new baby with plenty of fresh, clean air. You can read more about benefits on Treehugger.com – 5 Benefits of Houseplants.
- Plan out a Healthy Routine for You, Your Spouse & Your Kids – It is always a good idea to put your kids to bed early. Then you will be creating a peaceful environment in order to have a casual conversation with your spouse before you go to the bed. This can assist you to plan for the next day and brainstorm what you achieved throughout the day. The peaceful environment will not cause any frustration in your mind during the conversation.
Every year thousands of babies and moms are endangered or hurt at home, whether it’s being exposed to toxic fumes, harmful electromagnetic frequencies, noises or injury due to disrepair in the home. Since new moms and babies spend most of their time indoors, why not make it a sanctuary? From our vantage point, having a healthy environment in the home is critical.
How about you, what are your top nesting tips new moms can use? Please share in the comments section below!